By Wesley J. Chun
* Already understand Python yet are looking to research extra? A lot more? Dive right into a number of issues utilized in perform for real-world functions.
* Covers general expressions, Internet/network programming, GUIs, SQL/databases/ORMs, threading, and internet development.
* find out about modern improvement developments reminiscent of Google+, Twitter, MongoDB, OAuth, Python three migration, and Java/Jython. offers fresh fabric on Django, Google App Engine, CSV/JSON/XML, and Microsoft workplace. comprises Python 2 and three code samples to get you began correct away!
* offers code snippets, interactive examples, and useful routines to assist construct your Python skills.
The entire Developer’s consultant to Python <p style="margin:0px;">Python is an agile, powerful, and expressive programming language that keeps to construct momentum. It combines the facility of compiled languages with the simplicity and swift improvement of scripting languages. In Core Python purposes Programming, 3rd Edition , leading Python developer and company coach Wesley Chun is helping you are taking your Python wisdom to the subsequent level.
<p style="margin:0px;">This booklet has every little thing you want to develop into a flexible Python developer. you can be brought to a number of parts of program improvement and achieve wisdom that may be instantly utilized to initiatives, and you'll find code samples in either Python 2 and 3, together with migration information if that’s in your roadmap too. a few snippets may even run unmodified on 2.x or 3.x.
* examine expert Python type, most sensible practices, and reliable programming habits
* construct consumers and servers utilizing TCP, UDP, XML-RPC, and be uncovered to higher-level libraries like SocketServer and Twisted
* boost GUI functions utilizing Tkinter and different on hand toolkits
* enhance program functionality by means of writing extensions in C/C++, or improve I/O-bound code with multithreading
* notice SQL and relational databases, ORMs, or even non-relational (NonSQL) databases like MongoDB
* research the fundamentals of internet programming, together with internet consumers and servers, plus CGI and WSGI
* divulge your self to typical expressions and strong textual content processing instruments for developing and parsing CSV, JSON, and XML data
* Interface with renowned Microsoft workplace purposes corresponding to Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook utilizing COM customer programming
* Dive deeper into net improvement with the Django framework and cloud computing with Google App Engine
* discover Java programming with Jython, tips on how to run Python code at the JVM
* hook up with internet companies Yahoo! Finance to get inventory prices, or Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and others to obtain or ship e-mail
* bounce into the social media craze by way of studying the way to hook up with the Twitter and Google+ networks
<p style="margin:0px;"> Core Python purposes Programming, 3rd version, delivers
* Broad assurance of various components of improvement utilized in real-world functions today
* Powerful insights into present and most sensible practices for the intermediate Python programmer
* Dozens of code examples, from speedy snippets to full-fledged applications
* A number of workouts at the top of each bankruptcy to aid hammer the ideas home
Read or Download Core Python Applications Programming (3rd Edition) (Core Series) PDF
Similar python books
Google and YouTube use Python simply because it's hugely adaptable, effortless to take care of, and enables swift improvement. with the intention to write top quality, effective code that's simply built-in with different languages and instruments, this hands-on e-book may help you be effective with Python quick -- even if you're new to programming or simply new to Python.
An book to educate programming via hands-on, fascinating examples which are valuable and fun!
Python is a brilliant programming language. It's loose, strong, more straightforward to learn than so much languages, and has extensions to be had to do nearly something you'll think automatically.
But how do you certainly use it? There are hundreds assets in the market for studying Python, yet none of them are very useful or fascinating - as an alternative, they pass over every one notion one after the other, by no means tying whatever jointly, yet spending lots of time misplaced in technical language, discussing the twenty other ways to complete each one easy activity. ..
I are looking to write an book that at last supplies a concise creation to every thing it's possible you'll really are looking to do with Python.
We'll begin with a short yet thorough evaluate of the entire fundamentals, so that you don't even desire any previous adventure with programming. however the majority of the booklet should be spent build up instance code to unravel fascinating real-world problems.
Python is amazing for automating repetitive initiatives that would another way take you hours - for example, speedy amassing info from the internet, or renaming 1000s of documents. a few of the themes that I'm making plans to cover:
Collecting facts from webpages (web scraping)
Interacting with PDF documents - examining info, developing PDFs, editing pages, including passwords. ..
Interacting with Excel documents (less performance in OS X)
Calling different outdoor courses from inside of Python
Files - read/write/modify, unzip, rename, circulation, etc.
Basic online game development
Interacting with SQL databases (internal and ODBC connections)
GUI (Graphical person Interface) layout - growing basic point-and-click courses that anybody can use
Any different issues that you just, my backers, are so much in!
Update: by way of well known call for, I'll be including net program development
All similar path fabrics downloadable at: http://www. psychotix. com/share/Real_Python. zip
Python Algorithms explains the Python method of set of rules research and layout.
Written by means of Magnus Lie Hetland, writer of starting Python, this booklet is sharply considering classical algorithms, however it additionally offers an excellent knowing of basic algorithmic problem-solving thoughts.
The e-book bargains with essentially the most vital and demanding parts of programming and computing device technological know-how, yet in a hugely pedagogic and readable manner.
The e-book covers either algorithmic thought and programming perform, demonstrating how concept is mirrored in genuine Python programs.
Well-known algorithms and information buildings which are outfitted into the Python language are defined, and the consumer is proven how one can enforce and review others himself.
Primary trying out methodologies utilized to the preferred Python language
Testing Python; utilizing Unit trying out, TDD, BDD and recognition trying out is the main entire booklet on hand on trying out for one of many most sensible software program programming languages on the planet. Python is a average selection for brand new and skilled builders, and this hands-on source is a far wanted advisor to enterprise-level checking out improvement methodologies. The ebook will express you why Unit checking out and TDD can result in purifier, extra versatile programs.
Unit trying out and Test-Driven improvement (TDD) are more and more must-have abilities for software program builders, it doesn't matter what language they paintings in. In company settings, it's serious for builders to make sure they consistently have operating code, and that's what makes checking out methodologies so appealing. This publication will educate you the main regularly occurring trying out innovations and should introduce to you to nonetheless others, overlaying functionality checking out, non-stop checking out, and more.
Learn Unit checking out and TDD—important improvement methodologies that lie on the center of Agile development
Enhance your skill to paintings with Python to enhance robust, versatile functions with fresh code
Draw at the services of writer David Sale, a number one united kingdom developer and tech commentator
Get sooner than the group via gaining knowledge of the underappreciated global of Python testing
Knowledge of software program checking out in Python may possibly set you except Python builders utilizing superseded methodologies. Python is a ordinary healthy for TDD and trying out Python is a must-read textual content for somebody who desires to advance services in Python programming.
- Gray Hat Python Python Programming For Hackers And Reverse Engineers
- Python for Signal Processing: Featuring IPython Notebooks
Extra resources for Core Python Applications Programming (3rd Edition) (Core Series)
Search('^The', 'end. group() ... group() ... group() ... group() ... 27 # match # not at beginning # at a boundary # no boundary # no boundary 'the' You will notice the appearance of raw strings here. You might want to take a look at the Core Note, “Using Python raw strings,” toward the end of this chapter for clarification on why they are here. In general, it is a good idea to use raw strings with regular expressions. There are four other re module functions and regex object methods that we think you should be aware of: findall(), sub(), subn(), and split().
If you do not want the string split for every occurrence of the pattern, you can specify the maximum number of splits by setting a value (other than zero) to the max argument. split(':', 'str1:str2:str3') ['str1', 'str2', 'str3'] That’s a simple example. What if we have a more complex example, such as a simple parser for a Web site like Google or Yahoo! Maps? Users can enter city and state, or city plus ZIP code, or all three? This requires more powerful processing than just a plain ’ol string split: >>> import re >>> DATA = ( ...
This line is the first', 'that line'] For the previous examples, the case-insensitivity should be fairly straightforward. In the last example, by using “multiline” we can perform the search across multiple lines of the target string rather than treating the entire string as a single entity. Notice that the instances of “the” are skipped because they do not appear at the beginning of their respective lines. S/DOTALL. ) can be used to represent \n characters (whereas normally it represents all characters except \n): >>> ...