By Steven Barrett, Mitchell Thornton
This textbook offers working towards scientists and engineers a complicated remedy of the Atmel AVR microcontroller. This booklet is meant as a follow-on to a formerly released publication, titled Atmel AVR Microcontroller Primer: Programming and Interfacing. the various content material from this previous textual content is retained for completeness. This e-book will emphasize complex programming and interfacing talents. We specialise in approach point layout which includes numerous interacting microcontroller subsystems. the 1st bankruptcy discusses the approach layout approach. Our procedure is to supply the talents to fast wake up to hurry to function the across the world renowned Atmel AVR microcontroller line through constructing platforms point layout abilities. We use the Atmel ATmega164 as a consultant pattern of the AVR line. the data you achieve in this microcontroller might be simply translated to each different microcontroller within the AVR line. In succeeding chapters, we hide the most subsystems aboard the microcontroller, delivering a brief thought part via an outline of the comparable microcontroller subsystem with accompanying software program for the subsystem. We then offer complicated examples exercise a number of the beneficial properties mentioned. In all examples, we use the c language. The code supplied could be comfortably tailored to the wide range of compilers on hand for the Atmel AVR microcontroller line. We additionally comprise a bankruptcy describing the best way to interface the microcontroller to a large choice of enter and output units. The booklet concludes with a number of targeted procedure point layout examples making use of the Atmel AVR microcontroller. desk of Contents: Embedded platforms layout / Atmel AVR structure evaluation / Serial communique Subsystem / Analog to electronic Conversion (ADC) / Interrupt Subsystem / Timing Subsystem / Atmel AVR working Parameters and Interfacing / procedure point layout
Read Online or Download Embedded Systems Design with the Atmel AVR Microcontroller (Synthesis Lectures on Digital Circuits and Systems) PDF
Similar microprocessors & system design books
This e-book is a pragmatic layout undertaking and it comprises three components: 1. layout courses the reader in the direction of development the LHFSD PCB with a Microchip dsPIC30F4011 microcontroller operating at 80MHz. numerous modules are equipped, separately, and they're completely defined. 2. Firmware layout makes use of the Microchip C30 compiler.
Electronic layout and machine structure is designed for classes that mix electronic good judgment layout with desktop organization/architecture or that educate those topics as a two-course series. electronic layout and machine structure starts with a contemporary strategy by means of conscientiously masking the basics of electronic good judgment layout after which introducing Description Languages (HDLs).
ARM designs the cores of microcontrollers which equip so much "embedded structures" according to 32-bit processors. Cortex M3 is this sort of designs, lately built by way of ARM with microcontroller purposes in brain. To conceive a very optimized piece of software program (as is frequently the case on this planet of embedded platforms) it is usually essential to understand how to application in an meeting language.
This 12 months, for the 8th time, the ecu convention on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP) sequence, in cooperation with Springer, is completely satisfied to o? er the object-oriented examine neighborhood the ECOOP 2004 Workshop Reader, a compendium of workshop stories concerning the ECOOP 2004 convention, held in Oslo from June 15 to 19, 2004.
- Stepping Motors and Their Microprocessor Controls (Monographs in Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
- Beauty Is Our Business: A Birthday Salute to Edsger W. Dijkstra
- Digital Design and Computer Architecture. ARM Edition
- Fuzzy Sets and Systems Theory and Applications
- Energy aware memory management for embedded multimedia systems : a computer aided design approach
- High performance memory testing: design principles, fault modeling, and self-test
Extra info for Embedded Systems Design with the Atmel AVR Microcontroller (Synthesis Lectures on Digital Circuits and Systems)
Design a SPI-based system to extend the features of the Atmel AVR microcontroller. • Describe the purpose and function of the Two Wire Interface (TWI). • Describe the function and purpose of the Controller Area Network (CAN). 4 interface. 1 SERIAL COMMUNICATIONS Microcontrollers must often exchange data with other microcontrollers or peripheral devices. Data may be exchanged by using parallel or serial techniques. With parallel techniques, an entire byte of data is typically sent simultaneously from the transmitting device to the receiver device.
6. What is the advantage of activating pull-up resistors with the digital input pins? 7. With a specific port selected, can some port pins be declared as output pins while others as input pins? If so, describe how this may be accomplished. 8. Describe the serial communication features aboard the ATmega164. Provide a suggested application for each. 9. What is the maximum possible bit rate with the USART subsystem? With the SPI? 10. What is the purpose of the ADC system? Describe an application for this system.
2. What aspects must be considered in the design of an embedded system? 3. What is the purpose of the structure chart, UML activity diagram, and circuit diagram? 4. Why is a system design only as good as the test plan that supports it? 5. During the testing process, when an error is found and corrected, what should now be accomplished? 6. Discuss the top-down design, bottom-up implementation concept. 7. Describe the value of accurate documentation. 8. What is required to fully document an embedded systems design?