By Kimberely L. Thachuk
The editor has compiled a suite of essays that offer an summary of the darkish part of globalization and identify robust connections among equipped crime and terrorist teams. the area conscientiously records the level of those transnational demanding situations - - starting from nacro-terrorism to human trafficking to small-arms trafficking. This publication comprises chapters that disguise international locations, areas and international concerns. moreover, the USA is handled either as a possible chief in makes an attempt to manage transnational crime and as a venue for it. Many could be stunned by way of the level of human trafficking and sorts of slavery in the US. each one transnational possibility is mentioned, the safety implications, elucidated, and the successes and screw ups to regulate them explained. Read more...
Read Online or Download Transnational threats : smuggling and trafficking in arms, drugs, and human life PDF
Similar crime & criminals books
The executive prosecution witness within the Moors Murders trial supplies his account of the case after greater than 4 many years of silenceDespite status as leader prosecution witness within the Moors Murders trial, David Smith was once vilified by way of the general public as a result of accusations thrown at him via Myra Hindley and Ian Brady approximately his involvement of their crimes.
From piracy at the excessive seas to the new Securitas depot theft in Kent, Britain has a protracted and inglorious culture of armed theft as a life-style. during this uniquely compelling background, reformed occupation felony Terry Smith brings the good thing about hard-won knowledge to his research of all of the significant circumstances.
I'm Raymond Washington offers the reader with an exceptional inspect the lifetime of the founding father of the Crips. omit every little thing you've been advised approximately who all started the Crips and why. so much of it's flawed, very fallacious. Welcome to the single approved biography of the undisputed founding father of the Crips.
Using person interviews and concentration crew discussions, basically from chinese language towns, The chinese language Mafia: prepared Crime, Corruption, and Extra-Legal defense contributes to the certainty of prepared crime and corruption within the chinese language context, submitting an important hole in criminological literature, by way of investigating how extra-legal protectors-corrupt public officers and highway gangsters-emerge, evolve and function in a swiftly altering society.
- The Politics of Leverage in International Relations: Name, Shame, and Sanction
- Sin No More: From Abortion to Stem Cells, Understanding Crime, Law, and Morality in America
- Survived by One: The Life and Mind of a Family Mass Murderer
- Community Policing: International Patterns and Comparative Perspectives (Advances in Police Theory and Practice)
- For the Sins of My Father: A Mafia Killer, His Son, and the Legacy of a Mob Life
- Case of Mary Bell. A Portrait of a Child Who Murdered
Extra info for Transnational threats : smuggling and trafficking in arms, drugs, and human life
Where necessary, the lead agency role should be shifted if doing so would enhance access, training, cooperation, and effectiveness. S. agencies or host nations by providing—or reducing—funding based upon their levels of cooperation and success. S. leaders should encourage allies and international institutions to recognize this threat and pool resources, including information and training. S. and international objectives, security, and stability. Narcoterrorism is not necessarily a new concept. The attendant crime, violence, and terror associated with drug trafficking have existed for hundreds of years.
Narcoterrorism is not necessarily a new concept. The attendant crime, violence, and terror associated with drug trafficking have existed for hundreds of years. Its potential as a funding source, logistical support, and access for international terror and weapons proliferation, however, has become a real threat in our post-9/11 world. NOTES 1. htm. 2. Joint Publication 1–02, Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms (Washington, DC: Department of Defense, April 12, 2001).
4. S. S. Customs and Border Patrol, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Transportation Security Administration, and others. 5. The Joint Interagency Task Force (JIATF) concept is proven and well known to DHS career and political leaders. DOD funds JIATF–South, based in Key West, Florida, and JIATF–West, based in Hawaii. Both existing JIATFs collect, analyze, and disseminate information (relating to drug and other traffic toward the United States) that it receives from all Federal law enforcement agencies, the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and over a dozen other countries.